- Class tickets act as a package of prepaid classes (e.g., 10 entries).
- While tickets can be used to pay for courses and workshops, they are predominantly used for individual classes.
- When clients book a class, 1 ticket is deducted from their account.
Advantages of class tickets
- Payments are made in advance.
- Tickets are automatically deducted after booking.
- Automatic registration from waiting list.
1) Clients can purchase tickets in advance
They can then utilize these when booking without the need to find a credit card or transfer money to a bank account and wait for the transfer between banks.
2) You get the money in advance in your account
Every booking is automatically prepaid.
3) The limited validity of tickets motivates clients to use them.
4) Automatic registration from waiting list
- The number of tickets is reserved.
- If a spot in the class does not open up, the tickets are automatically returned to the client's account.
- Set up in Settings > Class booking.
5) Transparent and fair cancellation fees
- Tickets are immediately credited back to the client's account.
- Unlike credit card transactions, there are no fees for refunding (see also How Zenamu prevents unnecessary fees from cancelled bookings?).
- Contrary to bank transfers, everything is automatic, so there's no need to manually shift money between bank accounts.
6) Marketing support
- You can provide discounted packages, e.g., offer 11 entries for the price of ten. In this arrangement, clients receive 1 free class as a gift.
Setting up Class Tickets
How to Set Up Class Tickets?
- Navigate to Settings > Bundles > Add.
- Provide the necessary details:
- Type: class tickets
- Number of tickets
- Validity period from the date of purchase
- Once set up, you can view it on your public schedule under the Bundles section.
How Do Cancellation Policies Work for Tickets?
When a booking is cancelled in advance, the tickets are credited back to the client's Zenamu account, and they can use them for future bookings. This system bypasses the hassle of refunding money to a bank account or incurring fees from payment gateways for completed transactions (see more on Stripe payment gateway fees).
If you've established custom cancellation conditions, the usual refund percentages don't apply to tickets. Cancellations will always result in a 100% refund, allowing the full ticket to be returned to the client's account. Such refunds can only be processed by you, which can be useful if a typically dependable client contacts you with a genuine reason for their absence, such as sudden illness.
How to Accept Payments Only in the Form of Tickets?
- Navigate to Settings > Bundles > Payments for classes.
If you're now creating a new class, course, or workshop, the only payment options available will be tickets (or credits - if you also have them available).
How Can Your Clients Purchase Tickets?
- Cashless payment directly through the system.
- Cash payment in person.
To enable your clients to purchase tickets directly through the booking system (in the Bundles section), you need to activate at least one of the electronic payment methods in your settings: credit card payment or bank transfer.
To buy and use tickets, clients must have a user account in the booking system. Without this, the system cannot manage, display balances, or refund tickets for booking cancellations.
Managing Client Tickets
You can oversee tickets in the client details section.
Here, you can either assign an existing bundle to the client or manually add tickets (inputting any number of tickets).
Tickets can also be deducted from clients' accounts.
However, transparency is key. Clients should always know when and why their tickets have been deducted. For instance, if a client relocates and no longer uses the tickets they purchased, you might decide to refund the value in cash.
Sometimes, a client might attend a class without making a reservation.
For both the client and the teacher, the simplest solution is to manually create a booking for that class. Select "ticket" as the payment method during this process, and the ticket will be automatically deducted from the client's account.
You can manually add a client to a class from your schedule by selecting "Add Participant."
How Does Credit Expiration Work?
When the ticket's validity period expires, the tickets aren't removed from clients' accounts but are simply deactivated. Consequently, clients can no longer use these tickets.
If a client purchases new tickets, any remaining unused tickets from the previous period get added to the new ticket count. This motivates clients to use their tickets rather than leaving them unused, and ensures they don't feel as though they've lost money when purchasing more.